What is Ruthmere Forever?
- THE DILEMMA: HOW TO BUILD ENDOWMENT WHILE MEETING PROGRAM NEEDS.
Every organization, including Ruthmere, wants to be sustainable for the FUTURE, but at the same time requires support to fulfill their mission NOW. Successfully achieving both goals simultaneously is a daunting challenge.
- RUTHMERE FOREVER PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS
Ruthmere has developed a creative solution to this dilemma. The Ruthmere Forever program consists of Ruthmere Forever Donors, Ruthmere Forever Challenge Match Contributors and the Community Foundation of Elkhart County (CFEC).
- Ruthmere Forever Donors can be either a person or an organization who wants to support Ruthmere's long term sustainability and see the IMPACT of their donation doubled. Minimum donation of $100 required.
- Ruthmere Forever Challenge Match Contributors are a group of individuals and organizations who champion Ruthmere’s mission by making gifts of direct support to Ruthmere that match up to 75% of Ruthmere Forever endowed fund donations. There are no restrictions on the amounts of Ruthmere Forever Challenge Match contributions.
- The CFEC matches donations to Ruthmere Forever endowed funds by 25% up to an annual maximum match of
$25,000 per endowed fund. Ruthmere will establish additional Ruthmere Forever endowed funds as needed.
- HOW IT WORKS IN TWO SENTENCES
1. Ruthmere Forever Donors make their donations payable to the CFEC toward a Ruthmere Forever endowed fund, thereby earning an immediate 25% match from the CFEC into that same fund. The Ruthmere Forever endowed funds grow to produce sustainability.
2. Ruthmere Forever donations are matched 75% by Ruthmere Forever Challenge Match Contributors whose matching support goes FIRST to current Ruthmere Campus programs, and any surplus at the end of the year goes into the Ruthmere Forever endowed funds.
THE IMPACT OF PUBLIC SUPPORT IS DOUBLED.
RUTHMERE’S ENDOWED FUNDS GROW.
RUTHMERE'S CURRENT PROGRAM NEEDS ARE MET.